Let me just explain..the cowboy that I am talking of is my fiance and this dinner thing is code for Chilli Con Carne..
He just loves it, can’t get enough of it!
Here’s what you need
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 25 ml olive oil
- 1 packet of minestrone soup – you will find gluten-free one’s at your local health supermarket
- 5 ml curry powder
- 1 green pepper – chopped – remember to cook in a little bit of water on high for 3 min in microwave before adding to the pan with other ingredients
- 1 onion – chopped – remember to cook in a little bit of water on high for 3 min in microwave before adding to the pan with other ingredients
- 500 g lean mince
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tin baked beans – it is very important to use baked beans for desired consistency
& How to
Add the olive oil into heated wok.
Fry the crushed garlic for 30 second on medium heat, be carefull not to let the garlic burn.
Fry the onion and green pepper together witg the garlic – be carefull not to let the garlic burn – before adding the mince.
Make sure the mince brown nicely, it will add to the flavour of the dish.
In a seperate bowl or measuring jug mix the soup powder and curry together with a little cold water and
add together with the rest of your igredients in the wok.
Bring to the boil before adding the beans.
Add some salt and pepper to taste – my golden rule .. rather under salt that over salt, ecause you can allways add more salt later but you can’t take the salt out.
Cover the dish and let cook slowly on low heat for another 30 – 35 minutes.
I serve this didh with creamy mash or rice. It’s also lovely as a topping over a baked potato and a summer salad.
- (33) Black Bean Stuffed Poblanos (ginnyskitchenadventures.wordpress.com)
- Hearty Pumpkin Chili With Hominy (hebslimdown.wordpress.com)
- MINESTRONE: The last of the winter soup (hopefully) (livingincheapluxury.wordpress.com)
- Wouldn’t-Believe-It’s-Healthy-Lasagna. (betterwithsprinklesblog.com)
- Gluten- and Dairy-Free Amazingness (rissasrunningblog.wordpress.com)
- Who Should Eat a Gluten-Free Diet? (jasonmachowsky.wordpress.com)