If your mornings are a blurred rush, set aside just 5 minutes to treat yourself to this power-packed smoothie before you fly out the door. You’ll know that you’ve packed in vital nutrients to get your day started.
- 3 large scoops low-fat vanilla sorbet
- 375 ml (1½ cups) fat-free soy yoghurt – try out different brands ‘coz like all things in life even all of these yoghurt’s don’t all taste the same
- 1 banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 15ml (1 T) toasted sunflower seeds
- 15ml (1 T) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 5ml (1 t) linseeds
- 80g raspberries
- 80g mulberries
- 5 ml (1 t) vanilla essence
- 30 ml (2 T) agave nectar or honey
Whizz together the sorbet, yoghurt, banana and seeds.
In a separate jug, whizz together the berries, vanilla and agave nectar or honey.
Alternate pouring the yoghurt mixture with the berry mixture into tall, chilled glasses. Plunge in a thick straw and drink immediately.
If you aren’t serving straight away, pour the smoothie components into a serving jug and chill well.
Freeze your berries overnight for a thicker, cooler smoothie
Ice cubes can be added
Substitute the fruit with your favourite fruit or berries. Gooseberries and kiwi fruit make great smoothies!
- Seven healthy, delicious smoothie recipes (lfpress.com)
- Raspberry Lime Zinger (13happythings.wordpress.com)
- New Product Alert: Fruit Smoothie Glimpses Blendable Eye Collection by Bare Escentuals (bellasugar.com)
- 8 must-try smoothie recipes for a fresh and fruity summer (coolmompicks.com)
- Yoghurt with Nuts and Berries Breakfast Recipe (vegoh.wordpress.com)
- Top 10 Weight Loss Smoothie Recipes (pushdumpfatbutton.wordpress.com)