Make one batch of healthy and easy Low GI rusks to last the month!
Makes 40 rusks
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 2 3/ 4 cups gluten-free flour, mix
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 2 ½ cups soy yoghurt (625 ml)
- 500 g soy margarine
- 5 ml salt
- 4 eggs
- 4 ½ teaspoons baking powder (gluten free)
Preheat oven 180 C.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time.
Sieve dry ingredients. Add yogurt to egg mixture and mix in with dry ingredients.
This will make a very solid dough. Use two large greased baking pans. Bake for 55 min or till golden brown. Remove from heat, remove from pans. Let the breads cool slightly. Slice the bread into slices and then cut into fingers. Place on a drying rack and dry in oven on 90 degrees till the rusks are dry and hard. Let them cool off and place in an air tight container.
Serve with coffee, Milo or tea. Dunk the rusks in the hot drink and eat. They are very moreish.
Enjoy a little bit of South African cuisine on your own porch.
- Some easy substitutes for gluten free diet… (madelinenel.wordpress.com)
- I Love Waffles (madelinenel.wordpress.com)
- Gluten-Free Corn Muffins (thisoldpowerbook.wordpress.com)
- how to make gluten-free breadsticks (glutenfreegirl.com)
- How Athletes with Celiac Disease Can Eat Healthy and Stay Gluten-Free (stack.com)
- Lemon Blueberry Poppy Seed Muffins with Lime Glaze (cookiescakesandbakes.wordpress.com)