I bake these in muffin tins.. that way they’re quick to grab if you’re on the go and also just as easy to just enjoy while slumming it in a hammock..
- 2c gluten-free flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 1/2c mashed banana – from 4 bananas
- 1/3c low fat buttermilk
Heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda salt and cinnamon together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, with a electric mixer, whisk thee sugar, egg whites, egg until they have almost doubled in consistency. Beat in the bananas, buttermilk and oil until well combined. Gently fold the flour-mixture ton the egg mixture, until they are just combined.
Pour batter into prepared muffin-tins and bake for 1 hour or until the test toothpick comes out clean.
- Muffin Basics (williams-sonoma.com)
- recipe | banana walnut pomegranate tea infused muffins (walkinlooove.com)
- Gluten-Free Corn Muffins (thisoldpowerbook.wordpress.com)