My mom sent me a package with some things of my childhood. I was taken back in time as I went through those small yet simple treasures that I took from the box. I opened my Mina Moo recipe book and remembered what I used to make and suddenly got this urge to try one in particular.. Some of you might remember Mina Moo, although I doubt that it showed anywhere else but in SA. Those of you who have never seen her or her program, I have added a you tube clip – hope you enjoy it!
Mina Moo You Tube Video
- 125 ml butter
- 500ml sugar (xantum gum/stevia)
- 125 ml cocoa
- 125 ml milk (rice/soya milk or water)
- 750 ml oats (oats is not necessarily gluten free as it can be cross contaminated by gluten, the chances are there that it was processed on equipment on which whole grains was processed too)
- 200 ml dried coconut flakes
- 50 ml raisins – optional
- Boil the butter, sugar, cocoa and milk together for 5 minutes, constantly stirring
- Stir in the coconut, oats and raisins
- Scoop teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet and allow to cool. As they cool they will harden just enough to be picked up without crumbling. Put them in the fridge for a while, it’ll speed up the cooling down period..
I sure hope you enjoy them as much as I did…mmm..mmm
- Expert cautions against adopting gluten-free fad (ctv.ca)
- Gluten-Free Compost Cookies – Milk Bar Mondays (thedustybaker.com)