I love French toast. While thinking of a yummy way to spice up my toast, this brilliant idea came to me.. So,I went to the shops, bought what I would need. I was so exited to taste the outcome, the baking started immediately as I got home.
- Rye bread (it is better if the bread is more than a few days old)
- 4 Eggs
- 250 ml Milk (can be substituted with 250 ml rice / soya milk or 250 ml water)
- (Even if you replace the milk with water it will not take away any of the flavour, it binds with the rest of the ingredients just the same way as the milk would have)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 5 ml cinnamon
With a wooden spoon mix all of the ingredients well in a bowl. Prepare a frying pan with a little non stick olive oil spray to prevent the toast from sticking. Put stove on low heat and heat up pan. Taking one at a time, cover the bread in the egg-mixture before placing the bread-slice in the pan to brown till golden brown. When it is done, cover and keep aside. Now you can start browning the bacon.. I love using back bacon, because it is not as fatty as streaky bacon and it turns crispy nicely. Crispy bacon is also just so nice to bite into! .. Serve some honey with your bacon and French toast and prepare to ”die and go to heaven”.. Posting about this has just made up my mind – French Toast for dinner!!
If the thought of bacon makes your insides shudder and you would love to rather have some fruit, go for it! Berries is a lovely accompaniment to the toast – blue berries, strawberry’s, gooseberries..they all fit.
Another tip – Breakfast foods is not only for breakfast, but good for dinners as well. I, for one, am a firm believer of brinner.
- How to Make French Toast (answers.com)
- french toast and raspberry sorbet (thespicystiletto.com)
- How Can I Make Crispy Restaurant-Style French Toast? Recipe Questions (thekitchn.com)