It took a bit longer than it should but I finally brought you the melktert recipe.
Entirely gluten free and very very yummy!
- 2 t corn flour
- 1 t rye flour
- 1 c sugar
- ½ t almond essence
- 4 egg yolks, lightly whisked
- 4 egg whites, stiffly whisked
- 4½ c milk
- 120 g butter
- ground cinnamon
Mix all the ingredients to form a soft dough. Use to line a nr. 9 pan on the bottom and against the sides using your fingers.
Mix the maizena, flour, sugar, vanilla essence, and yolks. Heat the milk and butter to just under boiling
point. Lower the heat and mix the flour mixture into the milk mixture.
Keep mixing over low heat until it thickens. Remove from the heat and fold in the egg whites. Mix and pour
into the prepared crust. Bake at 180°C for about 30 min cooked. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
- Pasta made from green banana flour a tasty alternative for gluten-free diets (eurekalert.org)
- How To Go Gluten-Free: Avoiding Cross-Contamination At Home (tastyeatsathome.com)
- Lemon Bars (Gluten Free) (makeitnaked.com)