I am a lover of chocolate! You can put anything in front of me made with chocolate and I’ll eat it.
This here is a cake that is chocolatey, gooey, delicious and Yum!
- 200 g slab of bitter chocolate (make sure it is a high percentage of cocoa)
- 125 g butter
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 100 g (125 ml) castor sugar (zantum gum / stevia)
- 5 eggs
- 100 ml potato flour
- 10 ml baking powder (you do get a gluten-free alternative)
Preheat oven to 180°C. Melt the butter and chocolate over hot water or in the microwave and whisk until smooth. Beat in the vanilla.
Place a mixing bowl over a pot of hot water and whisk the sugar and eggs until they are very thick and pale. If you have a large mixer
you won’t need the hot water. Whisk the eggs and sugar on high speed until it is thick. Sift the potato flour onto the eggs and sugar
and add the melted chocolate. Fold in with a metal spoon or whisk. Lastly fold in the baking powder and pour into a deep papered 23
cm cake tin. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until baked. Remove from the oven and invert onto a cooling rack. Leave in the
tin for 10 minutes before loosening the sides and turning the cake out.
The cake will sink slightly as it cools. It is a moist chocolate cake that keeps well for 2 weeks in an air tight container.
- Chocolate buckwheat cake. (martetatin.wordpress.com)
- Gluten Free White Chocolate & Lime Cake (tastecafepretoria.wordpress.com)
- Espresso Kahlua Brownies- Gluten and Lactose Free and AWESOME! (optimumnutrition.wordpress.com)
- Gluten Free Cupcake Decorating: Constellations (freepeople.com)