Gluten-free bakes can be just as indulgently rich and delicious as ‘normal’ treats.
This recipe makes 10 waffles
- 250g (430ml) gluten-free flour
- 15ml baking powder (you can also look for a gluten-free alternative)
- 15ml sugar
- 350ml milk (can be substituted with either soya/rice milk / water)
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 80g (90ml) butter, melted
- honey or golden syrup, to serve
- double cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve (you can also look for a gluten-free alternative)
Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and 5ml salt together in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre. Mix the milk, egg yolks and melted butter together well. Pour into the dry ingredients and stir from the inside of the well to mix the two together. Whisk the egg whites till soft peaks form then fold into the batter. Pour some of the mixture into a hot waffle maker and cook until golden and cooked through. Serve drizzled with honey or syrup and with double cream or ice cream.
- Gluten Free Friday: Buttermilk Waffles (potsandplots.wordpress.com)
- Cornmeal Ham and Cheese Waffles (notmartha.org)
- Cupcake Tuesday-Gluten Free! (hairbowsandbutter.wordpress.com)
- The Gluten Free Society Talks About Vitamin Contamination (prweb.com)
- Waffle History (belgianwafles.wordpress.com)